Adding an existing contact to a new list

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Adding an existing contact to a new list

Hi,

Is there a way to add an existing contact to a new list. I am using the code provided by Constant Contact to add a new contact and add a new list and it works alright but that code wont let me add the same contact more than once even if I select a different list.

Is there a way to work around this?

Thanks,

Kavita

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Never Mind. I found the

Never Mind.

I found the solution in the sample code from CC.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Never Mind. I found the

I am glad you were able to solve the issue that you were having. Just to make the answer public on the forums, if a contact is already in your account, you cannot create a new contact (POST) using the same email address. If they have already signed up for your account, you would want to update that contact by performing a PUT. You can do this to update a contact's details such as first name, last name, phone number etc. In addition to this you would also perform an update to Add or Remove a contact from contact lists. I hope that this information helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

David J

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Constant Contact would like to hear from you

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured