Adding contacts, providing HTML content and sending e-mail using API in ASP.NET (C#)

Highlighted

Adding contacts, providing HTML content and sending e-mail using API in ASP.NET (C#)

Hello,

After several live chat sessions with your colleauges, we decided to use Constant Contact and purchased the 6-month plan. Your colleagues told us that everything was possible with the API, including sending e-mails after customization.

I have looked at your C#.NET API sample but as far as I can see, it only shows how to add a contact or edit it. What we want to do can be summarized as follows:

1. Once a user is registered to our website, we want to create a contact associated to that user in our Constant Contact account and associate him/her to the relevant list

2. We want to send a customized an HTML based greetings e-mail to the newly registered user. Please note that we want to send a single e-mail for a single user (with customized name, e-mail, etc. sections)

3. We occasionally send periodic newsletters to the subscribed users.

We want to do all of these using the API because we do not have time to log in to the interface, prepare an HTML content, create a new list with a single user and schedule an immediate delivery. Your colleagues (live chat) told us that these are all do-able but we could not find how to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

At this time we do not

At this time we do not support the scheduling and sending of an email through the API. We recently introduced functionality surrounding campaigns  allowing a user to create, modify, and delete custom HTML and XHTML emails, however at this time the functionality does not include scheduling and sending.

You can use our 'Welcome Email' feature to design a standard email that can be personalized for when the contact signs up either through the standard sign up form, or a custom API solution.

Dan H

Support Engineer, Constant Contact

Highlighted

I want to send an email from C#

Hello,

My purpose is to send emails from my C# code. I do not care for now about a template. I just need to know the exact syntax to send an email from a Constant Contact customer into a contact for this customer.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick Hitti

Software Engineer.

Patrick Hitti.

Software Engineer

+961 3 454829

Highlighted

Hi Patrick,   At this time we

Hi Patrick,

At this time we do not offer an API for the actual scheduling of emails.  If you are looking to do this type of activity, please send our webservices support team an email and we can get back to you if we do provide this API in the future. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted

Hi again

It seems that there was some misunderstanding, because I do not need an API for scheduling emails. I just need the syntax to send an email.

e.g. https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/patrick.hitti/sendemail?email=patrick.hitti@domain.com

and the xml body that contains the subject and the recipient and the c.c. and the content of the email.

Thanks,

Patrick Hitti.

Patrick Hitti.

Software Engineer

+961 3 454829

Highlighted

Hi Patrick,   Sorry for the

Hi Patrick,

Sorry for the confusion, I think there is a language barrier here on what we offer and what you're looking for.  We do not have any option for sending an email at this time.  We do have a REST API that will allow you to create content and specify which list of contacts the email will go to.  However, to send the email you would need to log into your account and schedule the email there.  If you are interested in knowing when we release a scheduling API, please let us know and we can follow up with you if we do create an API for that.

Dave Berard
Highlighted

Email Scheduler

Hi Dave,

The lack of email scheduler is the only reason that I am not signing up with Constant Contact for other email activity from my company.  The standard functionality seems robust enough for what my company needs in terms of email format and content, but the inability to schedule an email is keeping me from registering as a partner and taking my companies email marketing and usage to the next level.  My company is currently using Constant Contact for standard email promotions, but we will be discontinuing the service and switching to a company that has the ability to schedule email sends via an API.

If there is a schedule for when this functionality will be available, I would be willing to reconsider.  Please let me know if you or someone else in your organization would like to speak with me off-line.

Kind Regards,

John

Highlighted

Hi John,   I would recommend

Hi John,

I would recommend sending an email to our appconnect team regarding this issue and partnering with Constant Contact.  There may be opertunities that we can provide to you as a partner that may fit your needs.

Dave Berard
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured