Are there any VB.NET examples?

Regular Participant

Are there any VB.NET examples?

I know it sounds easy enough to use a converter, but the Constant Contact examples are so complex and have so many files, I am getting lost when I convert one file at a time. Also, I tried converting the simple get and post examples listed in this forum but they don't seem to convert when I put them in the converter. I am not sure why. I just don't know where to start.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Employee

Hello,

While we do not have any official VB.NET examples, some of our users have posted on this forum examples that have worked for them.  This post has a good example that has been known to work in the past for some customers.

If you have any questions please let me know, and I can try to help further.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Regular Participant

The link in the example doesn't seem to work is there another place I can see what is going on?

Also, I don't understand the attached XML.

http://developer.constantcontact.com/doc/contactsCollection

Employee

Hello,

We do not really have any official examples of VB.NET being used in the API other than what has been previously posted on the forums. However, we do have a marketplace which has listings of Solution Providers who may be able to help you further if you get stuck in something that we do not have more detailed information on. These Solutions Providers are third party individuals or organizations who have expressed interest and experience working with Constant Contact integrations.

The XML for the Contact Collection API is the information that is passed from either you to our API servers, or vice versa, when adding, deleting, or modifying a contact. Is there anything specific in the XML that you had a question about?

If you have any questions please let me know!

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Regular Participant

I was talking about the XML included in the example you gave me

XMLData = "" XMLData += "" XMLData += "" & Convert.ToString(Now()) & "" XMLData += "" XMLData += "data:,none" XMLData += "

Contact" XMLData += "" XMLData += "" XMLData += "" & Email & "" XMLData += "" XMLData += "" XMLData += "ACTION_BY_CONTACT" XMLData += "" XMLData += "" XMLData += "" XMLData += "" XMLData += ""

Employee

Hello,

In the link that I sent you to the forum, the poster does not actually put the XML in the code. There is an area where he comments that you need to include the XML in that section, but leaves the creating of the XML up to the person using the code.

There is also a different link that has been posted in the forums that offers some more VB.NET support for Constant Contact. You can find it here.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Regular Participant

That second example worked for me.

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page