cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Authentication Issue - .NET SDK

Frequent Visitor

Authentication Issue - .NET SDK

I am in a single-user scenario, and I have the API Key and Token added to my solution, but the solution returns a "Credentials are Missing" message when I attempt to hit any of the service functions.

When I use identical Key and Token in the Tester/Debugger page calls work without issue.

Relevent code:

__ccUserServiceContext = new UserServiceContext(__ccAccessToken, __ccApiKey);
ConstantContactFactory serviceFactory = new ConstantContactFactory(__ccUserServiceContext);
__ccListService = (ListService)serviceFactory.CreateListService();

__allCCLists = __ccListService.GetLists(null);

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: Authentication Issue - .NET SDK

Hello,

From what you've provided, it should be working. As a quick test I pulled your sample code into a very basic console application and was able to successfully get the lists from Constant Contact. Is it possible to provide a bit more detail on the exception/error message? You would want to strip out any sensitive details such as the API key or Access Token, but it would help to be able to see more specific details.

Alternatively, you can also contact us via email with the exact details of the error so that we can look deeper. For that you would email us at webserivces@constantcontact.com

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Frequent Visitor

Hi Elijah,

I just sent a sample solution and more information to the webservices email.

It looks like it very well might be a network related issue - just need to narrow down what needs changed on my side.

Thanks,

Ross

Honored Contributor

Here's an update for anyone seeing similar issues. In this case the problem was related to a proxy and traffic not being properly routed through the proxy. If anyone has questions, please feel free to create a new topic or reply here if appropriate!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer