Occasional Visitor
ImranV

Automated List Export to Offsite Server

I have a client that utilizes CC and we are trying to determine if it's possible to automatically export the client's email opt-in & opt-out list (or a net opt-in list) either on a daily or weekly basis to an offsite server. Is there a way this can be done through the API?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark-C
Topics: 3
Kudos: 10
Solutions: 14

Re: Automated List Export to Offsite Server

Hello, 

The short answer to your question is yes, but you would need to set up the automation to make the calls on your end. The calls for bulk exports can be made to our Acitivites Collection API using the approach specified here.  Essentially, you would need to set up a script to be run weekly to make the request to create the bulk export activity (POST with authentication and data including parameters to specify what should be included in the export).  The XML response from our Bulk Activities API will include the url for retrieving the exported file after the queued export activity is complete. You can find more information about the Bulk Activities API under the "Activities" section of our API Documentation.

I hope this information is helpful.

Cheers, 

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer
Occasional Visitor
ImranV

Thanks Mark for that information; we'll investigate this option with our clients.  Does CC offer this is a service by chance?  Meaning to have the automation done on your backend to an external location.

Thanks

Mark-C
Topics: 3
Kudos: 10
Solutions: 14

At this time, we don't offer the service to push data out of our systems on a programmed schedule.  The API's only respond to authenticated external requests, so the automation really does need to be built into the requesting application.  I hope that's helpful.

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer