CCSFG - Setup Problems

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

CCSFG - Setup Problems

Getting the following error in trying to run the CCSFG setup:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/content/t/a/n/tanthonyadmin/html/CCSFG_0.0.2/setup/index.php on line 1

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

CCSFG - Setup Problem

I just downloaded the CCSFG and was able to successfully create a sign up form using the utility. Did you make any modifications to the setup files before uploading them to your web server? Please note you do not need to make any changes to implement your username or password into the CCSFG, as you will be prompted for this information when running the utility.

Typically these issues can be caused by something small like a missing ; or }. However, as this error is happening on line 1 of index.php, I would check to make sure that there is no space between the '<?' and 'php' of line 1. This should be appearing as '<?php' instead of '<? php'. It is also possible that the method you used to upload this file may have caused some some incorrect symbols to be inserted into your file. If you can reply to this post with exactly what you have for 'index.php', I would be happy to take a look and see if I can provide more detailed feedback.

David J

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

my index.php file in the 'setup' folder

<?php

$page_name='home';

session_start();

require('../cc_class.php');

require('functions.php');

$ccUtilityOBJ = new CC_Utility();

$login = $ccUtilityOBJ->login;

if(!$_SESSION && $login!=""){

header('Location: login.php');

}

$contact_lists = $ccUtilityOBJ->contact_lists ;

require('header.php');

?>

<p class="note">Welcome to the EZ-Signup setup utility.</p>

<div class="grid_10 alpha">

<a class="big_btn <?php echo $btn_class; ?>" href="credentials.php"><strong>1.</strong> Access Credentials</a>

<?php if($login==""){ $class2=$class3=' disabled '; $click2=$click3='onclick="return false;"'; } ?>

<a class="big_btn <?php echo $class2; ?>" <?php echo $click2; ?> href="lists.php"><strong>2.</strong> List Selection</a>

<?php if(empty($contact_lists)){ $class3=' disabled '; $click3='onclick="return false;"'; } ?>

<a class="big_btn <?php echo $class3; ?>" <?php echo $click3; ?> href="form.php"><strong>3.</strong> Web Form Generator</a>

<?php if(empty($included_fields)){ $class4=' disabled '; $click4='onclick="return false;"'; } ?>

<a class="big_btn <?php echo $class4; ?>" <?php echo $click4; ?> href="code.php"><strong>4.</strong> Preview Code</a>

</div>

<div class="grid_6 omega">

<?php

$service_desc = $ccUtilityOBJ->getServiceDescription();

if(!$service_desc && $login!=""){

$btn_class = "btn_error";

echo '<p class="error">It appears as though you may have changed your Constant Contact User Name or Password.

As a result, your signup form will not function until you update your credentials to the correct information.</p>';

}

?>

</div>

</div>

</body>

</html>

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

uploaded my index.php file

Thanks for having a look at this David! I've used FileZilla FTP to upload all files for the CCSFG to my site. I've never had problems with other PHP based solutions using FileZilla, but any help you can give is much appreciated.

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Any help on this one?

We're a bit desparate to get this working. I'm confident that once we get over the setup hurdle, we will be well on our way. However, the setup does not work at this point. Any help from anybody in this forum is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

FileZilla Upload

I have done some testing with the FileZilla FTP client and have been able to replicate the error that you were receiving by uploading the files to my web server using either the 'Auto' or 'ASCII' transfer type.

If you open your FileZilla client and click on "Transfer > Transfer Type > Binary" then reupload the CCSFG files to your web server, this should resolve your issue. I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

David J

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

FileZilla "Transfer" type to "Binary" WORKS!

David,

Although a bit embarrassing (I should have caught it) I wanted to let everyone know that your suggestion of changing the "Transfer" type to "Binary" while using FileZilla to upload the CCSFG files/folders.

Thank you very much! Now, if anybody can point me to the direction for how to customize an Autoresponder to be used from the form I've created with the CCSFG utility.

Thanks, again!

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Signup form to Autoresponder list

If you wanted your sign up form to trigger an autoresponder to be sent, you would need to set up the CCSFG form to add contacts to a contact list set up as an autoresponder list.

You can set a list in your account to be an autoresponder list by:

1. Login at www.constantcontact.com

2. Click on the "Contacts" tab

3. Click the "List Properties" link, in the "My Lists" section

4. Check the box in the "Autoresponder" Column for any contact lists your wish to receive your autoresponder series.

David J

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured