cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can GET lists, cannot POST list

Occasional Visitor

Can GET lists, cannot POST list

Hi,

Just started integrating the API and I have run into a bit of a roadblock already :(

I am able to GET lists associated with an access token.  However, when I try to create a list using the POST method, I am getting the following return value:

[{
"error_key":"mashery.not.authorized.inactive",
"error_message":"The Mashery account associated with this request is not active, or an invalid API key was used."
}]

The API key in question is the same for both GET and POST.
The access token in question is the same for both GET and POST.
The base url (https://api.constantcontact.com/v2) and resource (/lists) is the same for both GET and POST.
I know this for sure because they use the same code and the same constants to setup the request (the only difference being the method obviously).
The API key and access token combination work in the API Tester, so I am not sure why the POST would be returning a 403.

Any thoughts on this?
All help would be appreciated, thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Can GET lists, cannot POST list

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Support.

I used our API Tester with your API credentials to create a list successfully. Can you please send an email to webservices(at)constantcontact.com with the api key and payload you are using when trying to create a new list? That way we can troubleshoot this issue in detail.

Regards,
David B.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Occasional Visitor

Re: Can GET lists, cannot POST list

Will do David - I'll pull the code from my dll and put it into an exe and forward to you guys with the code to review.