Can i send autoresponder mail after adding contact by using API call ?

Regular Participant

Can i send autoresponder mail after adding contact by using API call ?

Hello there !

I got struck with something,

I have a contact form. I used it in my website. After submitting form the contact will be added by using API call addContact(----) method. It's working fine now. But i need to send autoresponder which is crated/assigned for specific lists in constant contact account. Obviously i am adding contact information into one list after form submission. I need to send autoresponse of that list to user immediate after submitting form.

Please help me in this !

Help will be highly appreciated !

Regards,

Thiru !

7 REPLIES 7

Hello Thiru,

This is a great question. There are a couple of important notes to cover about the types of emails that can be sent automatically from Constant Contact:

1. With an Autoresponder email, it will be sent to a contact that was newly added to your account X number of days ago. In this case, X is the number of days the autoresponder is scheduled for and cannot be less than 1. This does mean that an autoresponder email cannot be triggered to send immediately to a contact at this time.

2. When a brand new contact is added to your account, you can submit them as ADDED_BY_CUSTOMER or ADDED_BY_CONTACT through the API. If the contact is submitted as ADDED_BY_CONTACT they will receive a welcome email immediately after signing up. If they are submitted as ADDED_BY_CUSTOMER then they will not receive a welcome email.

Based on this information, the only immediate email that can be sent out is the Welcome email for your Constant Contact account, and that email can only be sent the first time that a contact is added to your account.

If you do have any questions for me about this, please reply to this post and I will be happy to answer!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.

Tier 2 Support

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer

Thanks for your nice reply for my question !

Can you please tell me, Is there any way that i can configure welcome email for the user? So that i can customize that welcome message and tried to do it.

It would be helpful for me !

Thanks again !

Thiru !

Hello Thiru,

While you can customize the welcome email, the options to change it are relatively basic. Your signups would all receive the same email except for the personalized greeting. You can read more about modifying the welcome email here:

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5529-edit-the-default-welcome-email

If you do have more questions about the welcome email, please feel free to reply and I will be happy to assist you!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.

Tier 2 Support

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer

Hello,

Thanks for giving reply !

I could find welcome mail configuration. But i just wanted clarify one more thing here,

ie:  Is there any way to send welcome mail based on the list?

It does mean i just want to configure

1 welcome mail for List1,

2 welcome mail for List2, etc....

Can i do it? If so it will fix my problem.

Please let me know ?

Regards,

Thiru ! 

Hello Thiru,

Unfortunately there can only be a single welcome email for all lists. One potential workaround to this is to use the Autoresponder function that Constant Contact offers. However, with the Autoresponder an email cannot be sent out sooner than 24 hours after a signup.

If you are interested in out autoresponders, you can find more information here: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5521-about-autoresponder

Sincerely,

Elijah G.

Tier 2 Support

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer

Thanks again for your quick response !

Is there any PHP code to enable/disable auto responder?

I know to create Autoresponder for Lists and schedule autoresponder also. If there is anything for me with PHP code to set autoresponse for specif email/contact then it would be helpful for me !

Any sample code ?

Regards,

Thiru !

Hi Thiru,

With Constant Contact's Autoresponders there is not currently any way to control them from the API. In order to enable/disable autoresponders and configure them, you would need to be logged in to your account through constantcontact.com.

However, once your autoresponders are configured, they will be sending email to users that are on specific contact lists. You can manage the lists themselves and the membership of those lists through the API.

Sincerely,

Elijah G.

Tier 2 Support

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page