cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't figure out how they hook up

Occasional Visitor

Can't figure out how they hook up

Hello:

I am working in a WordPress theme (Divi) that needs an API key and Token to access the account. I have generated an API key and a token, however at no point did the system ask me for the account information so it can access the specific account that I need to update. If I just have a random API key and token how does it update my clients account? It seems like I should have just been able to log into the clients account and accessed this information so I could drop it into the theme. 

Sincerely,

Jeff

1 REPLY

Re: Can't figure out how they hook up

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact.

It sounds like you were able to generate an API Key but might be confusing the Access Token with the application Secret. Usually a 3rd-party application will have its own API Key that lets the app communicate with Constant Contact, however some developers require you to provide them with your own API Key and Access Token. Since this process was designed for developers, it can be confusing for non-developers to find this information. To help de-mystify the process for everyone, we have a blog post which walks through step-by-step instructions on how to get that information. If you already have an access token, you can skip past the part that talks about creating an API Key.

How to generate an API Key and Access Token:
https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Community-News/How-to-generate-an-API-Key-and-Access-Token/...

Please have a look and let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,
David B.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!