Column Header Names

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Column Header Names

Hi,

I want to make a customized column. It is currently named "customer field #1" how can I change that name, so others will know what info to populate in this field

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Column Header Names

From an API standpoint this is not possible, as we would always read your custom field names as their default column names. However, you could abstract this by building a small function to map your field names to their actual field names (ie: "Pets Name" could map to "Custom Field 1", so your application would just see it as "Pets Name").

If you are not using our API, and are looking to rename a column on an excel spreadsheet to upload this contact data, that is something we can do. If you follow the steps in this FAQ: Renaming contact custom fields

you can then place the renamed custom fields as your column headers, allowing you and others to see this in your file as your customized column names. I hope this helps. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this please let us know. Thanks.

David J

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Re: Column Header Names

The link above has been moved to https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5297-format-a-file-to-import-contac...

Edward Orysiek
San Diego POS
8865 Spectrum Center Blvd #9103 San Diego, CA 92123
p: 858.335.2992 f: 858.408.3325

Accredited Member BBB of San Diego & Imperial Counties
A Veteran-Owned Small Business
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured