Create form on site

Occasional Participant

Create form on site

I have pulled down the PHP sample forms code and put it in my web root.

I have added the API key and user/password to the cc_class file.  The form does not add the name to my list.  What else do I need to to get this working?

6 REPLIES 6
Employee

Just to clarify, are you using the Constant Contact Signup Form Generator (CCSFG) or the PHP Sample Forms?

If you are using the PHP Sample Forms, the only configuration you would need is to insert your username, password, and apiKey into cc_class.php. This should be all that is required in order to use the sample forms. If you are experiencing errors with the php sample form, could you please let us know which page you were on, what action you were attempting to perform, and what the error message was?

This will help us diagnose the issue and provide a resolution.

David J

Regular Participant

I put in my username password and API Key and i get an error message as the page loads

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting T_VARIABLE in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\newtowtrucks.com\httpdocs\NewTowTrucks\cc_class.php on line 38

Tj

Thomas Jason Nowicki

Worldwide Equipment Sales LLC

601 Walnut Ct.

Rockdale, IL 60436

815-725-4400 Office

815-725-4446 Fax

www.NewTowTrucks.com

Employee

Hello,

Are you using the PHP sample code, or are you using the Constant Contact Signup form generator?

If you are using the Sign up form generator you should not need to use an API key, and do not need to modify the cc_class.php file, as it will ask you for your credentials when you first start the program.

Also, what version of PHP are you using?  If you are using the Sample code and are modifying it, where are you modifying it?  

If you are using the sample code, what page are you on when you get this error?

If you are still having this issue, you can respond here on this forum, or email the webservices support team.  If you have modified the code, please attach it to your response.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Regular Participant

I am using the sample code, my server is running PHP version 5.2.6, I only modified the credentials on a test folder on my server, and this error happens on all links from the index.php page. I feel like it’s a log in issue with my API Key because i put in the wrong credentials to see what would happen and its the same error.

Tj

Thomas Jason Nowicki

601 Walnut Ct.

Rockdale, IL 60436

815-725-4400 Office

815-725-4446 Fax

www.NewTowTrucks.com

Employee

Hello,

This issue you are having could be a few things, and I would like to troubleshoot this further.  In order to look into this in more detail, I am going to need your Constant Contact username, the php files that you are using, and also if you could tell me what program you are using to upload the files to your server, and the upload method you are using.

Please email this information to the webservices support team.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Regular Participant

what is the email address you would like me to send the info too?

Tj

Thomas Jason Nowicki

601 Walnut Ct.

Rockdale, IL 60436

815-725-4400 Office

815-725-4446 Fax

www.NewTowTrucks.com

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page