Custom CRM with Constant Contact

SOLVED
Go to solution
Occasional Participant

Custom CRM with Constant Contact

We are a public agency that has been using CC for about 7 years and are ready to pull the trigger on having our web development firm (which is outstanding) create a custom CRM system for us to manage/track interactions with our stakeholders , who number in the tens of thousands.  CRM means Customer Relationship Management.

Our agency has no developers on staff, and to get a green light we need to convince the leadership that our investment in this system won't be undone if CC changes its API policy and practices.  Could anyone here walk me through that?  Is there someone at CC to whom our developer and I could speak? Some staff are enamored with MailChimp, but I would prefer to stick with CC (and it's my decision).

Thanks,

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

Thank you for using Constant Contact; we appreciate your support.

We are currently using v2 of our API, and while we are in the process of developing a v3 for the API that has no release date at this moment. Sometime after v3 is released there will be an eventual end-of-life for v2; however that will include plenty of time to allow our customers to make any alterations that may be required to work with v3 of our API.

Going from v2 to v3 of the API will include some structual changes as we will be including a lot of improvements that are not currently available. While it might seem inconvenient to create a CRM now that integrates with our API and make alterations later it will be very beneficial for all of our customers that use our API and I have no doubt that will include you as well.

While a lot of the information for our v3 of the API is not currently available for me to speak about if you have any other questions I'm happy to answer them as best as I can.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello,

Thank you for using Constant Contact; we appreciate your support.

We are currently using v2 of our API, and while we are in the process of developing a v3 for the API that has no release date at this moment. Sometime after v3 is released there will be an eventual end-of-life for v2; however that will include plenty of time to allow our customers to make any alterations that may be required to work with v3 of our API.

Going from v2 to v3 of the API will include some structual changes as we will be including a lot of improvements that are not currently available. While it might seem inconvenient to create a CRM now that integrates with our API and make alterations later it will be very beneficial for all of our customers that use our API and I have no doubt that will include you as well.

While a lot of the information for our v3 of the API is not currently available for me to speak about if you have any other questions I'm happy to answer them as best as I can.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page