Does token last forever? Is ssl required?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Does token last forever? Is ssl required?

I have popup plugin in my website. I want to send subscriber's e-mail to constant contact instantly. I inserted token that I generated in constantcontact.mashery.com to my php file. I am wondering if token lasts forever or will I need to update token every couple of days in my site?

Is it possible to use API without ssl in my site once I obtained token? I already obtained token in constantcontact.mashery.com. But once I try to test my application it says cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate in certificate chain. So there is no way to send e-mail to constant contact instantly once somebody subscribes newsletter through popup if our site doesn't have SSL?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Does token last forever? Is ssl required?

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

The base expiration time for an Access Token is 10 years as per our documentation shown here (https://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/authentication/access-token-info.html). However if you need to lower the amount of time you can do so with the information on that page.

Our API does require the use of SSL. Most likely your error has something to do with your local root certificates.

However; with curl there is an option to disable SSL check for testing purposes.

edited: Apologizes. I've edited this response due to an error in my previous information.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

The base expiration time for an Access Token is 10 years as per our documentation shown here (https://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/authentication/access-token-info.html). However if you need to lower the amount of time you can do so with the information on that page.

Our API does require the use of SSL. Most likely your error has something to do with your local root certificates.

However; with curl there is an option to disable SSL check for testing purposes.

edited: Apologizes. I've edited this response due to an error in my previous information.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

You are right. I moved everything to web server and it works.

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Retail" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 2pm ET for a free webinar where we'll discuss how to incorporate online marketing into your retail store.

Read More
Featured