equipe

Edit Contact Sample Code .PHP does not work

The Edit Contact Sample Code .PHP does not work, registration of contacts is working, but when I try to update an existing contact, the error occurs:

FastCGI Error

The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.

Error Details:

• The FastCGI process exceeded configured request timeout

• Error Number: 258 (0x80070102).

• Error Description: The wait operation timed out.

HTTP Error 500 - Server Error.

Internet Information Services (IIS)

This is the link to the form

http://www.elo.org.br/InteressadoCEABD/edit_contact_step1.php

Please help me

CTCT Employee
David_J

Updating contact hangs

I am not familiar with FastCGI, and I unfortunately cannot comment about what potential issues that this may cause. I have tested the PHP sample pack on both my web server as well as WampServer installed on my own computer, and have been able to successfully edit/update contacts without an issue.

However, we have noticed that depending on your server configuration, the PUT statement may hang and eventually time-out. This is likely due to an issue with your cURL installation and can most likely be resolved by changing the cURL method option used in cc_class.php (line 115) as seen below:

Original line:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PUT, 1);

Update to:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST, "PUT");

This has resolved every report of this that we have taken. However, if you are still experiencing problems please let us know and I would be happy to look in to this further.

David J

JDM
Visitor
JDM

Re: Updating contact hangs

Thanks for the info, we are having the same issue.  Your fix below did take care of the Error 500 we were getting however it is not updating constant contacts information.  

Any other thoughts on how to fix this issue?

Thanks.

Nick_G
Kudos: 12
Solutions: 9

Hey,

Are you using the PHP sample forms found here on the developer site? I'd like to know if you can pass any actions successfully through the forms, or if updating the contact is the only action that's not woring for you.

Nick Galbraith
Support Engineer
JDM
Visitor
JDM

We are using the sample forms however it is a bit older version 1 of cc_class.php.

The updating is the only funtion that is not working.  Adding contacts is fine but updating or removing subscriptions is an issue. 

Thanks,

Bruce

Mark-C
Topics: 3
Kudos: 10
Solutions: 14

Hey Bruce,

I would recommend updating to version 2 of cc_class.php, which is part of the current version of sample forms, as version 1 likely contains some depracated code which might be contributing to your update issues.  We'll be making some additional updates to sample forms this year as well, so look for that in the coming months as well.

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer