Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emoji Support in the subject line?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Emoji Support in the subject line?

I see that sending an email through constant contact itself has emoji support but so far I haven't been able to get it to work with the API.  The code source that I'm using is: https://github.com/constantcontact/.net-sdk.  When trying to create the campaign I'm getting the following error message:

Exception: json.payload.contains_invalid_characters:The request contains text outside supported character set.

Has anyone gotten emoji's working?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES

Re: Emoji Support in the subject line?

Hello @MikeR8307,

Our API creates what we refer to as a custom code email. That type of email does not have emoji support at this time. I will make sure I submit feedback on your behalf to our developers for adding support for these types of characters.

You can attempt to encode your subject line using UTF-8 encoding; however I'm not sure this will work for emoji's. It is something we've had success with on foreign language character sets.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Occasional Participant

Thanks for the quick response, Jimmy!  I will give it a shot to see if that works.

Occasional Participant

As an update I was able to get emoji's on the body to work when converting to UTF-8 but the subject doesn't work/look quite right in my solution.  At least it's half working!

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!