Generalizing the Redirect URI for localhost

SOLVED
Go to solution
DavidL7089
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

This may be a dumb question but there goes:

My redirect URI is http://localhost:"somenumber"/rest of the URL. My problem is "somenumber" changes based upon the computer used so my team members get errors.

What should I put in my webconfig and in the Constant Contact Application textbox in order to make it generic so that any localhost will work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jimmy_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @DavidL7089,

The number listed after the localhost is the port number that the request is trying to connect to; port 8080 is the very common port for web traffic. Pretty much every computer should be able to use this port unless your network/computer has it blocked for some reason. If it is blocked then you would either need to unblock it or pick a different port to use on all computers.

The redirect URI can only be set to one thing per API Key. The only way to use different redirect URIs is to use multiple API Keys.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @DavidL7089,

The number listed after the localhost is the port number that the request is trying to connect to; port 8080 is the very common port for web traffic. Pretty much every computer should be able to use this port unless your network/computer has it blocked for some reason. If it is blocked then you would either need to unblock it or pick a different port to use on all computers.

The redirect URI can only be set to one thing per API Key. The only way to use different redirect URIs is to use multiple API Keys.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
DavidL7089
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I see. Thank you.

BTW, on your https://constantcontact.mashery.com/ site, you have some extra html sticking out at the bottom that looks like //]]> 

Just letting you guys know.

Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.