Header email box -> Contact list

SOLVED
Go to solution
Participant

Header email box -> Contact list

Developing site at :

http://agourahills411.com/

where one sends email in box to appropriate CC contact list.

Need help  - where do I go ?

Thanks in advance...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Hello Vince,

I would like to help you get started using our API to add contacts who sign up on your site to a specific list.  There are a number of ways to do this.

The first way to do this would be to use our Join My Mailing List form.  This is the only way to do this without actually using a server side scripting language, although it is the least customizable.  If you are interested in doing it this way you would want to get the HTML code for the form by going into your Constant Contact account, and then going to the Contacts tab and clicking on the Join My Mailing list link below it.

If you are looking for something a little more customizable, there are a few options that you can choose.  I do notice that the site that you linked is running PHP, so you could use our Constant Contact Sign Up Form Generator, or CCSFG.  The CCSFG is a great tool because it creates a sign up form for you, while utilizing our API's, but it does not require you to have as much knowledge in the scripting language because it sets up itself for you.  If you are interested in this you can find the installation files here.

If you would like to create an integration yourself, we also provide sample code and libraries here, as well as our API documentation.  If you have any questions just let me know and I should be able to get you started with this.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello Vince,

I would like to help you get started using our API to add contacts who sign up on your site to a specific list.  There are a number of ways to do this.

The first way to do this would be to use our Join My Mailing List form.  This is the only way to do this without actually using a server side scripting language, although it is the least customizable.  If you are interested in doing it this way you would want to get the HTML code for the form by going into your Constant Contact account, and then going to the Contacts tab and clicking on the Join My Mailing list link below it.

If you are looking for something a little more customizable, there are a few options that you can choose.  I do notice that the site that you linked is running PHP, so you could use our Constant Contact Sign Up Form Generator, or CCSFG.  The CCSFG is a great tool because it creates a sign up form for you, while utilizing our API's, but it does not require you to have as much knowledge in the scripting language because it sets up itself for you.  If you are interested in this you can find the installation files here.

If you would like to create an integration yourself, we also provide sample code and libraries here, as well as our API documentation.  If you have any questions just let me know and I should be able to get you started with this.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact

View solution in original post

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page