Help Required for integration of Client's Application to CC
I know nothing about API and was referred here by CC support.
One of my client is using a proprietary application (written in ASP.net) to generate dynamic content for their enewsletter. This application is used by different departments to key in different contents. These contents will be automatically added to a pre-designed enewsletter template and then send out as monthly enewsletter.
They now wish to utilize the ability of CC email marketing to send out their enewsletter. My question is as follow:
1. How to make the client's application talk to CC email marketing system directly?
2. It is possible to have a customized template in CC to take in the dynamically-generated content?
3. Is there a step-by-step tutorial for non-developer?
4. Or is there any service provider here provide integration services?
Re: Help Required for integration of Client's Application to CC
1. The way you would directly communicate with our system directly is through our API. Our API works by passing XML to our API servers using HTTPS calls. Creating integrations that do this will require knowledge of programming languages, usually server side scripting languages such as ASP.NET. If you are using software that is proprietary, in order to create an integration that can be used to communicate from it to Constant Contact, you would need to be able to create a type of plugin, or an integration that also utilizes that products API's, in order for it to send information to our servers.
2. When using our API, you currently can only create custom HTML and XHTML emails. Our email newsletters can only be created through the user interface. However, you can create a customized template using custom XHTML, and add dynamic content.
3. Our API's do require you to be, or have, a developer. However, if you do not have a developer, you may wish to try our marketplace. It is a place where developers have expressed interest in creating integrations that work with Constant Contact. There may be a developer you find there that has experience with the software that you use.
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am-8pm ET, Sat 10am-8pm ET, & Sun 10am-6pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!