Help needed with integration

Occasional Participant

Help needed with integration

We have a website with more than 10000 users and now we need to integrate constant contact. On our website we have a registration form what we need is that when someone registers on our site all the information should go in our database plus data in email field will have to go in constant contact contact list also

Does anyone implement this kind of solution before using asp?

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Employee

If you are looking to have your already created form deposit addresses into Constant Contact in addition to your database, you would need to add the logic into your code to also make an HTTP Post request to the Contacts Collection (https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/{user-name}/contacts) where the request body would contain XML that represents your contact details. This will make it so that any contact that signs up using your form will be added to your database, and will also have their information sent to Constant Contact to be stored in your account.

For more general information on our API I would recommend taking a look at Creating a Contact. In addition to this, we do have some Sample Forms written in C#, PHP, and ColdFusion which may help get you started.

David J

Occasional Participant

Thank you David for your reply, I saw the sample code but it does not make any sense for me becuase I need sample in ASP as we have our application in ASP. ASP code will be helpful in getting me started or may be we need to see other solution provider like constant contact .

Unfortunately we do not have a full Classic ASP sample.  Another ASP developer was kind enough to post a VBScript sample of how to create a contact.  Hopefully this will be enough to get you started, it does show you how to do a server call through ASP:

developer.constantcontact.com/node/261

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Occasional Participant

Thank you

Participant

Hi David,

Does Constant Contact have engineers that we could pay to integrate our form into sending data into Constant Contact, or do we need to pay for that and arrange for that on our own with an in-house or third party engineer?  Thanks!

Amy

Amy with Institute for Humane Education

Employee

Hi Amy,

Unfortunately we do not offer any paid service to integrate your form into sending data to Constant Contact. However, you can certainly visit the Constant Contact Marketplace which has listings of Solution Providers who you can arrange to have work on this. These Solutions Providers are third party individuals or organizations who have expressed interest and experience working with Constant Contact integrations.

I hope that this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

David J

Participant

The list is overwhelming... can you recommend someone in the Houston area that has experience in integrating Constant Contact into an existing website that is already capturing e-mails and exporting them to Retail Pro? Our website provider who is Unite U is integrated with Retail Pro but is a partner with Exact Target, so they will not help us with Constant Contact. You really should have a simpler solution or customers will be leaving you with no other choice...

Employee

Hi. I wrote you an email regarding this comment. If you did not receive it please let me know, but you can feel free to reply to me directly in that email and I'll be happy to assist you with this.

David J

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page