Help with putting signup box on android app

Occasional Participant

Help with putting signup box on android app

Hello I need some help getting a constant contact signup box on my android OS application. I used the HTML code and it looks great, however results in an error when the email is entered and go is clicked. Can someone please help me with setting this up.

I appreciate it! 

3 REPLIES 3
Regular Participant

Hello,

To further assist you, would you please post the HTML code that you are using, as well as the error message that you are receiving?

Andrew T

Support Engineer, Constant Contact

Occasional Participant

Thanks for replying. Yes here is the code:

<!-- BEGIN: Constant Contact Stylish Email Newsletter Form -->

<div align="center">

<div style="width:160px; background-color: #ffffff;">

<form name="ccoptin" action="http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp" target="_blank" method="post" style="margin-bottom:3;">

<font style="font-weight: bold; font-family:Times New Roman; font-size:16px; color:#006699;">Join Our Mailing List</font>

<input type="text" name="ea" size="20" value="" style="font-family:Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:10px; border:1px solid #999999;">

<input type="submit" name="go" value="GO" class="submit" style="font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:10px;">

<input type="hidden" name="llr" value="tmnjevn6">

<input type="hidden" name="m" value="1011100202387">

<input type="hidden" name="p" value="oi">

</form>

</div>

</div>

<!-- END: Constant Contact Stylish Email Newsletter Form -->

error message says:

webpage not available. The web page at https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. 

This is after one enters the email address into the signup box and clicks go. Please give me any help you can

Employee

Hello,

I looked over your HTML and I tested it on my end to see if it would work. It appears to work fine when used on a website. I tested it on a mobile website using an Android phone and it also worked fine. I am not an Android app developer so I am not exactly sure why the HTML form is not submitting correctly on the phone when inside of an app, but I would recommend having the sign up box on a mobile website, or taking advantage of our API's on the Android to get the sign up box working in the app.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page