Help with setup of custom form generator

Participant

Help with setup of custom form generator

Have followed the instructions for installing custom form generator , but can't even get it to appear in the browser, have tried a few of my domain directories, server has php5x , just comes up blank, not a blip, can anyone help, Dave.

4 REPLIES 4
Employee

If there are no errors showing up for you on that page, it sounds as though you may have error messaging turned off. I would recommend going into your php.ini file and modifying the error_reporting. The default value for this setting should be set to "E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE" which would display some form of error message on that page. You can find more information on the php.ini error reporting levels at:

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.configuration.php#ini.error-reporting

If this does not give you more information regarding what type of error you may be receiving, could you please create a new page with the code

<?php phpinfo(); ?> 

and send the output to our webservices support team, and I would be happy to take a look. Thank You.

David J

Employee

A new version of the Constant Contact Signup Form Generator was just posted a few moments ago. This new version fixes a few bugs that were found, but more importantly will create an log file (ccsfg.log) to help diagnose issues with the application. I would recommend downloading the new CCSFG, as this log file will be beneficial in troubleshooting any issues you are experiencing.

David J

Occasional Participant

I'm having similar problems. I get this error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/fansblog/public_html/CCSFG_0.0.6/setup/header.php on line 1

I uploaded it to subdomain on my site but I don't feel that should be an issue. This is immediately after upload, can't even install. Please give advice on what T_variable error actually is.

Hello,

If you are using FTP to transfer the CCSFG files to your webhost, make sure the transfer mode is set to "binary" in your FTP client, as allowing the mode to be autoselected or using "ASCII" mode can result in the addition of certain special characters to text files that can cause syntax errors when scripts are executed. If you have syntax errors after uploading CCSFG via FTP, you should try specifying binary transfer mode and uploading/transferring the files again.

Some FTP clients default to ASCII mode if you do not specify transfermode.

I hope that helps.

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page