cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

How can I fill First name and Last name field using URL?

Occasional Visitor

How can I fill First name and Last name field using URL?

Hi
I use your service for user's e-mail to our mail list.
I have 3 fields email address, first name and last name. How can I set all this fields from parameter which I add into address string?

For set up email fields I use next link http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?m={somecode}&p=oi&ea=email@mail.com

Which parameter I need to add for the first name and last name?

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: How can I fill First name and Last name field using URL?

Hello,

With the service that you are using to add Email Addresses, it is not possible to include details other than email address in the URL. I do want to mention that we have new tools for embeddable and custom signup forms. If you're looking to have a method for submitting contact details programmatically, then the custom forms are likely the best option. If you are looking to use the embeddable forms, you can read about customizing them here: http://techblog.constantcontact.com/api/how-to/how-to-modify-embed-code/

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Established Member

You indicated in your response that "With the service that you are using to add Email Addresses, it is not possible to include details other than email address in the URL." I am very much interested in including only the email address in an embedded signup form from a URL parameter, but I haven't been able to find out how to do that. Can you point me to some current documentation that shows how to do this?

Hello @JohnT0269,

The original message is a few years old and the embedded sign-up form is not an option we have available any more. You can use our API to create your own custom sign-up form. You can reference our API documentation from our developer portal at developer.constantcontact.com.

There are code libraries and code samples as well. The PHP sample does have a sign-up form if you are interested in looking there.

If you are not looking to create your own sign-up form using our API you can log in to your Constant Contact account and click on the link near the top that says Sign-Up Forms and create an Inline or Pop-up Form.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer