How do I use my own HTML form with API?

Participant

How do I use my own HTML form with API?

I just want to use the HTML form that I already have, so that when someone presses the submit button their form info is routed to me through Constant Contact.

I have never used API. Is this even possible for me to do through this company. When I signed up the person made it sound like the process would be easy, now it seems like I'm on my own here.
1 REPLY 1
Frequent Participant

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do.
If you want to use your HTML form, without modification, then you will have to do some programming to make the script that manages the form submission send the information on the form to Constant Contact (and then perhaps send the data someplace else?). In the forums on this site there are several variations of form submissions in different scripting languages. There is also a sample PHP based script (and corresponding HTML form) here.

Alternatively, you can use the 'Site Visitor Signup Form' HTML creation wizard from within your Constant Contact account to define a custom form for your account. This approach requires no 'scripting' and it creates a form which submits directly to your account.

Thanks,
Tom M
Group Product Manager – Content Editing
Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page