Is it possible to add a new contact automatically during a checkout process?

JoyceM998
Rookie
0 Votes

I want to create a new contact using the customer email provided during checkout from an eCommerce website. From what I've dug up online, it sounds like this is not possible due to the API lacking server to server authentication. Is this correct?

3 REPLIES 3
Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @JoyceM998 

Even though our Chat Support was able to answer your question on this, I wanted to make sure our response was shared here in the Community as well. At this time a tool like you are describing is currently available for our Shopify integration, but is not yet available for the eCommerce integration. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and have submitted this feedback to the appropriate teams on your behalf.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Jimmy_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @JoyceM998,

I also wanted to mention that a server to server oAuth is not required for this type of integration. If you set up our current oAuth correctly it will only require the Constant Contact account owner to grant access once and the rest can be automated.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
LarryV375
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Did you get it to work? I just got it to work, but maybe in a different environment.

Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.