cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting client ID xxxxx is not valid or has been disabled

Occasional Participant

Keep getting client ID xxxxx is not valid or has been disabled

I created an app key with mashery that worked fine. Then I wanted to change my redirect uri but could not get Constant Contact to recognize the change so I deleted my app key and created a new one. I received a confirmation email from Mashery with 'status active'. But I keep getting client_id .. is not valid or has been disabled

It's been over 12 hours and still having problems with the key.

Do I need to ask someone at Constant Contact to enable this key? Or is something else going on?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Keep getting client ID xxxxx is not valid or has been disabled

Can you email your API key and information to webservices@constantcontact.com so we can look it up?  The redirect_uri field should take at most 5 minutes to update (we periodically sync all updated information). 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Occasional Participant

Dave, I sent the email but never heard back. Thanks.

Hi Henry,

We're looking into this issue.  It looks like there were 3 API keys which were correctly created and yet did not get stored correclty in our database for OAuth 2.0.  We're investigating the cause and will be manually syncing them soon.  However, you should be able to create a new key and be up and running immediately.  We are still not sure why there were 3 specific API keys out of 100s created this week that did not sync but it's highly unlikely that you'll have the problem again if you create a new key. 

Sorry in advance for the problem you had.  We hope to track down the cause and get a fix ASAP to prevent this from happening with anyone else in the future.

Dave Berard
Occasional Participant

Thanks!  By the way, I had already deleted the earlier app keys except the final one I emailed you so it sounds like your software is not getting told/updated when I delete a key also (if that matters).

Thanks.

Thanks for the update.  The other two keys were not associated with your Mashery account, looks like it was 3 different keys for 3 different developers.  Let me know if you have any problems with a new key and we can look into that real time today.

Dave Berard
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Having same issue even after waiting 30 mins.  Have emailed.  Could you confirm that it has been received?

The same problem!!!

But when i test on: https://constantcontact.mashery.com/io-docs is successfully.

Please check!

Update: after waiting > 30 mins. It was run @.@

Our IO Docs use the exact same API key you would use in your application.  If the key successfully works in IO Docs, it should work in your code.  It sounds like there could be a problem with the format of the request.  Can you share your code with us so we can take a look? 

We did some updates a few months back that should have resolved the issues we found with some keys not being synced correctly when modified.  The issue reported originally in this thread was one of these items that we resolved.  It's highly likely that this is either a new issue we need to troubleshoot or a configuration issue with your request.  Either way, we'd need additional information to troubleshoot further.  If you can email us your API key as well, that will help us make sure that it is indeed updated and in sync with our backend database.

Dave Berard

I have created 3 keys over the weekend. One of them worked after more than 30min, but for the other 2, I have also been getting that invalid/disabled client ID error message (tried just now after 10 hrs for the 2 keys).

Do keys work only for one domain? The 3 keys I have are generally for one application... I plan on deleting them later. The reason I created the other 2 is because I kept on getting this Invalid URL error even when I modify the redirect URI on mashery (was testing different redirect paths on the app).

Maybe I can just use the API key that works...but how long does it take for the redirect URI to get updated when I change it on my mashery account?

Let me know if you need more info.