I created an app key with mashery that worked fine. Then I wanted to change my redirect uri but could not get Constant Contact to recognize the change so I deleted my app key and created a new one. I received a confirmation email from Mashery with 'status active'. But I keep getting client_id .. is not valid or has been disabled
It's been over 12 hours and still having problems with the key.
Do I need to ask someone at Constant Contact to enable this key? Or is something else going on?
Can you email your API key and information to email@example.com so we can look it up? The redirect_uri field should take at most 5 minutes to update (we periodically sync all updated information).
We're looking into this issue. It looks like there were 3 API keys which were correctly created and yet did not get stored correclty in our database for OAuth 2.0. We're investigating the cause and will be manually syncing them soon. However, you should be able to create a new key and be up and running immediately. We are still not sure why there were 3 specific API keys out of 100s created this week that did not sync but it's highly unlikely that you'll have the problem again if you create a new key.
Sorry in advance for the problem you had. We hope to track down the cause and get a fix ASAP to prevent this from happening with anyone else in the future.
Thanks! By the way, I had already deleted the earlier app keys except the final one I emailed you so it sounds like your software is not getting told/updated when I delete a key also (if that matters).
Thanks for the update. The other two keys were not associated with your Mashery account, looks like it was 3 different keys for 3 different developers. Let me know if you have any problems with a new key and we can look into that real time today.
Our IO Docs use the exact same API key you would use in your application. If the key successfully works in IO Docs, it should work in your code. It sounds like there could be a problem with the format of the request. Can you share your code with us so we can take a look?
We did some updates a few months back that should have resolved the issues we found with some keys not being synced correctly when modified. The issue reported originally in this thread was one of these items that we resolved. It's highly likely that this is either a new issue we need to troubleshoot or a configuration issue with your request. Either way, we'd need additional information to troubleshoot further. If you can email us your API key as well, that will help us make sure that it is indeed updated and in sync with our backend database.
I have created 3 keys over the weekend. One of them worked after more than 30min, but for the other 2, I have also been getting that invalid/disabled client ID error message (tried just now after 10 hrs for the 2 keys).
Do keys work only for one domain? The 3 keys I have are generally for one application... I plan on deleting them later. The reason I created the other 2 is because I kept on getting this Invalid URL error even when I modify the redirect URI on mashery (was testing different redirect paths on the app).
Maybe I can just use the API key that works...but how long does it take for the redirect URI to get updated when I change it on my mashery account?
Let me know if you need more info.
I tried changing the URL for the API key that worked, and it looks like it updated just fine now. I guess I'll use that and just delete the other 2 I created.
In working with our API management software provider (Mashery), we found there is a bug in the syncing of information. Unfortunately, we have a 3 hour window every day where API keys created in that window are not syncing. We are in the process of manually syncing all those missing keys and putting a temporary workaround in place to account for this.
Sorry for the inconvenience on this. From our research, the window appears to be 9PM-12AM EDT (6PM-9PM PDT) in which the API keys are not being synced in. We are still working to confirm that now but we believe that until we can get a fix out, keys created in that window will not be synced to Constant Contact.