New Contact Management System

Regular Participant

New Contact Management System

Is there a date for exisiting accounts to be migrated to the new Contact Management System?

Our new partner application uses the improved custom fields feature of the new system.  It is ready to launch but we are very concerned about existing accounts still using the previous system that doesn't allow for unique custom field names.  We have written code to work deal with the previous system but are concerned that when those accounts are updated our data/application will not function correctly or it could cause issues for the accounts.

5 REPLIES 5

At this time we do not have an estimate on when all accounts will be migrated.  Our current plan, and our developer ecosystem and partners should be receiving detailed communications on this, is to have 100% accounts migrated before mid 2014.  This is assuming that everything continues to progress well and we run into no new issues that would change this timeline. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Occasional Participant

Any updates?  We're now almost pushing March.  The new contact management system custom fields are so much more useful and functional.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the new Custom Fields system more than the older version.  Unfortunately, the only update I have is a echoing of our last public statement, which was our Q4 Earnings Call.  We have successfully migrated over 500,000 customers to the new Contact Management System but are now in the "long tail" of migrating the remaining customers.  These are accounts that are harder to migrate for us for any number of reasons.

We're working hard to migrate them all and then get started on adding new features to all of our core products, including the API.  I sincerly apologize that I don't have a better timeline than this but it is a complicated process and we are dedicated to giving our customers the best experience we can as we migrate them.  As such, we're making sure to be careful as we do these hard to migrate customers and it is taking some additional time because of this.

Dave Berard
Participant

Hello,

what about newly created account? It is still using the old Contact Management System as i see, right? Have the same issue with custom fields, actually.. Any news on that?

Thanks beforehand.

At this point, 100% of newly created accounts are on our new Contact Management System.  We are actively working now enhancing our API to start exposing these new features to developers.  It's a little early for us to announce any specific plans on which features are coming out first, but as we start to release them we will post release notes and blogs on the features on our developer portal: http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/release-notes/relnotes-index.html

Dave Berard
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page