Outlook addin resets the message class of an item

Highlighted
Solution Provider

Outlook addin resets the message class of an item

Why does the Constant Contact addin for Outlook reset the message class of the contact? Is there any way to turn this off?

Gary Cawley

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

I'm not sure what you are

I'm not sure what you are referring to by 'message class of the contact'. Is there a certain contact field that is being written over that you did not intend? You can modify which fields are being upladed by clicking the "Advanced" button on the "Review and Confirm" screen. In the advanced screen you have the ability to select which fields are uploaded as well as the ability to map certain fields in your Outlook to our Custom Fields 1 - 15.

If this doesnt resolve your issue, or if you are referring to something else, please reply with what version of outlook you are using and what field is being written over I'd be happy to look into it. Thank You.

David J

Highlighted
Solution Provider

QuickImport Outlook Addin message class overwritten

I am referring to the QuickImport Outlook addin by Constant Contact.

When I use this tool to import Outlook Contacts the Outlook Item Field "message class" gets overwritten to "IPM.Contact". We have an extended message class "IPM.Contact.MyClass" that is used to display the contact item. The CC Outlook Addin overwrites this field to "IPM.Contact"

The message class is the field in Outlook that determines the type of item in Outlook. For some reason the CC Outlook addin updates this field. Can this be fixed? This field is not copied to CC and does not show in the advanced fields. CC must use this field to determine the type of Outlook item but CC does not need to update this field in Outlook.

Gary Cawley

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi Gary, Thank you for

Hi Gary,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Unfortunately this is not something that we are able to modify. However, I have taken your comments and forwarded them onto the product developers to see if this can be resolved. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Thank You.

David J

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured