nasht00

RSS-To-Email

One of ConstantContact competitors has a feature called RSS-to-Email.

What it does is once a week it reads an RSS feeds, and sends the content by email to subscribers.

Basically we have a blog and we want to send an automatic weekly newsletter containing the latest news.

Is that something that is doable on Constant Contact?

CTCT Employee
bsoder

campaign creation

Hello,

It is possible that you can generate content of your email from an outside source and then push it to us via our API's. You would do this by using our Campaign API, which will allow you to create a custom HTML or XHTML email on our system. You would need to create the HTML, and also set up a mechanism that also includes the content that you are generating, and put it in the required XML format and POST it to the Campaign URI.

If you have any questions about this specifically, or other things that you can do with our API's, please let me know.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
BillR14

Re: campaign creation

[ Edited ]

Hello Benjamin,

We are looking to implement this is the next few weeks. I would love to chat with you about how to do this?

My email is: [email removed by moderator]

THANKS!

Mark-C
Topics: 3
Kudos: 10
Solutions: 14

[ Edited ]

Hello Bill,

I sent you an email at the address you provided earlier today.  I'll be happy answer your questions.

Cheers,

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer
Occasional Participant
GlobeCarRental

[ Edited ]

Hello,

We would like to apply the same solution on our blog also which we will start in next few week, we are working on it.

Can you please send me a link where i can read complete user manual and work on it step by step to make this happen a.s.a.p.???

My email is [removed by moderator]

Mark-C
Topics: 3
Kudos: 10
Solutions: 14

Hello,

I removed your email address for security reasons.  I also wanted to let you know that I sent you an email with some additional information.  Most everything a developer would need to create an integration with Constant Contact can be found here on this site. We don't have step-by-step instructions for everything, but instead offer documentation on using our REST API services, as well as wrappers and sample forms, these developer forums, and developer email support.  I always recommend searching the forums initially, because the solutions to many common issues can be found there.

Cheers,

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer
Occasional Advisor
KathyG19

Re: RSS-To-Email

[ Edited ]

So, this post started nearly 3 years ago. Is CC planning on creating this as a feature? With the explosion of websites being driven by Wordpress and other blog-style CRMs, it only makes sense to meet this demand. Or at least provide a better way than, hire a developer to use our API. If the "other guys" have been doing this for this long, why wouldn't CC join?

I can assure you, the newsletter is dead for my business. Real-time information, provided via email is what we need. 

I really thought when I downloaded the Wordpress plugin, that this is what I would get!