Sample Signup Form not working

Participant

Sample Signup Form not working

Forgive me - I am new to development but require some clarification.  I downloaded the Sample Upload Form in PHP from this website and when I uploaded it to my website without any modifications I am unable to see the form (add_contact.php). It is a blank page.  From what I gather there is an error in the code in the sample.  Is this the only sample available? Or are there others that I can visually see on my site prior to making modifications.

Thank You.

6 REPLIES 6

Sorry for the problems you're having.  Our PHP sample should work without problem out of the box on a server with the correct PHP and Curl versions and settings (I.E. not running in Safe Mode).  Depending on your settings, you may not be displaying warnings/errors which would result in a blank page instead of any PHP errors or content.  Have you taken a look at your PHP version, Curl version and your php.ini file to ensure warnings and errors are set to display?  

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Regular Participant

I'm getting exactly the same problem. The index.php page shows up in the directory here http://www.uqwebdesign.com/sample/ but none of the other pages linked from it work, all just bring up a blank page. Curl is enabled, here are my php settings: http://www.uqwebdesign.com/sample/phpinfo.php

I've also tried changing the credentials in cc_class.php in case that was causing the problem using the guide at http://developer.constantcontact.com/samples/upload_forms/phpdoc#update but to no avail.

Is there something else I need to change in order for this to work?

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm looking to integrate this into a client website asap that is on the same hosting config.

Regular Participant

Can a support engineer help with this issue please? I really want to integrate this into our website but this technical issue is preventing progress.

Any help would be much appreciated

I looked at the page you linked above and can see the blank pages you refered to.  This indicates you have a PHP error on your server and that errors are turned off.  You would either need to turn errors/warnings on to see what the error being thrown is or log the error into a file and look at the error thrown in the file.  The script itself will work on a properly configured and updated PHP server.  Without the error, there is no way to tell the cause of the problem you are seeing from the sample you linked.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Employee

Johnny,

There are a number of reasons why the other files would be showing up as blank pages however most of them would be due to the server configuration as Dave B mentioned. I have verified that the PHP sample scripts are working fine when simply downloading, updating the credentials, and uploading to a server.

The fact that all of your script pages are blank with the exception of the index leads me to believe that there is a problem with your cc_class.php file as this is the first item included on all of the 'broken' pages such as add_contact.php. I noticed that your PHP info shows that you are displaying error messages however you may want to try setting your error_reporting option on your server to E_ALL as this will show all errors, warnings, and notices whether they are critical or not. Hopefully this will display some messaging that will lead towards a solution.

Aside from that, and perhaps testing on another server we are at a loss on how to resolve your specific problems.

Dan H

Support Engineer, Constant Contact

Regular Participant

Got this all working in the end, for some reason when I was uploading the sample files they would lose the line breaks and hence make the code unusable.

Copied and pasted into a new file for each one, uploaded and works fine :)

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page