Search by email returning wrong contact, updatedsince also returning all contacts

Highlighted

Search by email returning wrong contact, updatedsince also returning all contacts

Hi,

I am trying to update a contact with some info, in order to do that I am trying to search a contact from my contacts list.  But, I dont want to go through each and every contact in the list to update a particular contact.

Hence, I was trying to use getContactByEmail from java api.  Following is the way I create the link;

"https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/<username>/contacts?email=someone@example.com"

I end up getting a wrong contact from the above mentioned link.  What could be wrong?

Also, from the same client I am trying to get list of all contacts updated since a particular date, following is the link to get that list of contacts;

"https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/<username>/contacts?updatedsince=2011-01-26T13:23:42.420Z"

Despite of passing the date it ends up returning all contacts in the list.

Any pointers as to what could be going wrong?

Anuj Patel

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Never mind, I was ending up

Never mind, I was ending up with bad request param.

Anuj Patel

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Never mind, I was ending up

I'm glad that you were able to sort this out. While I am not ver familiar with the Java client library, the URL's that you were using certainly appear to be correct. For example:

/{username}/contacts?email={email-address}

/{username}/contacts?updatedsince=2009-12-01T01:00:00.000Z

If you do have any other questions please let us know and we'll be happy to help. Thanks.

David J

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured