Sending the Opt In email via an API call

Regular Participant

Sending the Opt In email via an API call

I'm working on getting our website tied in to our new lists in Constant Contact.  Currently, our site has a checkbox in the checkout process that if checked should send the "opt in" email to that customer.  I am looking for the documentation on the API to send that email but I'm not seeing it.  I was hoping someone could direct me to it.

Also, I was wondering if that Opt In email is able to sign someone up to multiple lists.  Currently we have three separate lists that contain the same emails.  We send out three different types of emails and each list goes with a separate type.  We are going to launch a method for customers to configure they're email preferences but the default should be that when they sign up they go on all three lists.  Is that possible via the Opt In email? 

Thanks,

Kris

Rawlings Gear

3 REPLIES 3
Employee

Hey Shane,

Our API has no way of creating an "opt in" email to your contact. However, you could utilize the join my mailing list option when creating your lists so that they get a welcome email to inform them that they were added to your newsletter. 

You can definately sign people up for multiple lists at a time which you can definately do using our API.  I would highly suggest reading over contacts subscription overview.  This will help you through the process of adding contacts to multiple lsits. 

Please let me know how I can be of furst assistance.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Regular Participant

I was a little confused as to how the system worked yesterday.  We just turned on the "Opt In" email feature on our account.  I was thinking that I had to control when that email was sent.  Now, I'm under the impression that if I use the API to create a contact, that email will be sent automatically.  Now I just have to figure out how to use the API in classic ASP.  I have opened a new post for that.  thanks,

Kris

Hey Shane,

Just be sure when you create the contact using the API that you set your OptInSource to ACTION_BY_CONTACT

<OptInSource>ACTION_BY_CONTACT</OptInSource>

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page