cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling with error: The Mashery account associated with this request is not active, or an invalid

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Organizer

Struggling with error: The Mashery account associated with this request is not active, or an invalid

My code is here and is fairly standard:

headers = { "Authorization": "Bearer xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxx", "X-Originating-IP": "###.##.##.###", "Content-Type": "application/json" } data = urllib.parse.urlencode({ # Request parameters 'status': 'ACTIVE', 'limit': 500, }) constantContactURL = "https://api.constantcontact.com/v2/contacts?status=ACTIVE&limit=500&api-key=X" constantContactData = s.get(constantContactURL, headers=headers)

I believe I'm passing the correct API Key and token, but I'm still getting:

The Mashery account associated with this request is not active, or an invalid API key was used.

The API Key and token both work in the test console on the Constant Contact API web portal, so I just can't understand what's happening with my code.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Struggling with error: The Mashery account associated with this request is not active, or an inv

Hi @IrishArts,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

I hope this is a simple solution. Based on what you posted it looks like a syntax error. Your parameter for the API Key looks incorrect. You have api-key and it should be api_key.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Tags (1)