cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Mashery account associated with this request is not active, or an invalid API

All Star

The Mashery account associated with this request is not active, or an invalid API

I am trying to create a subscribe form on my website and am having some difficulties getting my API to work as I need. I generated my API Key and associated it with my only Constant Contact account, but am still receiving the error below:

"The Mashery account associated with this request is not active, or an invalid API"

The API key and access token I have both work on https://constantcontact.mashery.com/io-docs but do not work in my code.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: The Mashery account associated with this request is not active, or an invalid API

Hi Leah,

If your API Key and token are working in IO Docs, but not in your code, it probably means that the API Key isn't getting appended to the URI of your request when your code forms it.

I've seen cases where the network/server, in tandem with security software, strips off the API Key parameter from the URI of the request. We'd be happy to take a look at a code snippet to make sure everything looks good there, if you want to post the code snippet here (with your API Key and token redected), or if you want to email webservices@constantcontact.com.

Best Regards,

Shannon Wallace

Partner API Support Engineer