Using Php wrapper

Participant

Using Php wrapper

I need some help in using the PhpWrapper class, mainly the Contact and the ContactsCollection class.

I have a contact list called "Xyz", which I created manually.

Now, using the Php wrapper class, I want to add an email address to that list.

I need to know:

a) Which ones are the mandatory fields?

b) What does $contact->serLink() do?

c) What about $contacts->setLists()

etc

etc

Could you please direct me to a sample code which uses the ctctWrapper/ctctWrapper.php . Using the Php form example is no good, and no offense, please don't direct me to the API documentation.

Thanks

--Anurag--

3 REPLIES 3
Employee

Hey Anurag,

This would be an example of adding a contact to your account with comments to explain how each part functions.

<?php

// Include the header at the top 
include_once('ctctWrapper.php');

// Connect to the Contacts URI
$data = new ContactsCollection();

// Create a new Contact Object
$contact = new Contact();

// This Contact's email address is...
$contact->setEmailAddress("newContact222@test.com");

// This Contact will belong to this list - Replace where {username} is with your username
// Also remember to set listID to list number such as 1, which is typically your general interest
$contact->setLists("http://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/{username}/lists/{listID}"); // create the contact with the paremeters of the previous information $contacts = $data->createContact($contact); // You can print the data to see if there is an error anywhere in your submission // will print out a 400 if there is an error and a 200 if it is successful
// print_r($contacts);

// will print out your XML that will be submitted. Only the entry's you provide will be listed
// print_r($contact); ?>

Please let me know this helps.

Thanks,

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Regular Participant

How would I go about adding the contacts name etc.?  Where can I find this information in an easily digestible format?

Hey,

Our new PHP wrapper can be found here and has a folder with examples, specifically Adding Contacts.

After creating the object, you would assign it a "firstName".

$myContact = new Contact();
$myContact->firstName = "My First Name";

If you need assistance with this wrapper, please let us know specifically what issues you are having and we'll work with you towards a solution.

Thanks,

Andrew Weber
Associate Product Manager for EventSpot
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page