Where do I insert the PHP code on my new user sign up page?

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Where do I insert the PHP code on my new user sign up page?

Forgive my basic question, but I feel like I am just a step or two from getting this to work.

When a new user signs up for my website, I want their email address to go to a list on my Constant Contact account which will then automatically send a confirmation email and periodic follow up emails.

It seems like I could upload the PHP Sample Forms, especially the cc_class.php (inserting the API key and other info) and simple_form.php files, to my site, and it would do the trick. But I don't know where to put the PHP code. Do I create a sign up page and insert the simple_form.php code in the body? In the header?

Thank you for your help.

Bradley

www.clickademics.com

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

In the sample code files we

In the sample code files we provide, there is a sample HTML form that shows you how to use the php code.  You can either take that form code and add it directly to an existing page on your site or use that as a new page on your site.  The page itself is not styled though and would require some visual work to make it look right for your website.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Thank you, Dave. I looked on

Thank you, Dave.

I looked on the page with the sample code (http://developer.constantcontact.com/samples/upload_forms) but did not see any HTML, just the PHP. Am I looking on the wrong page? If so, give me the link to where I should look?

I appreciate your help.

Brad

Bradley

www.clickademics.com

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Can you show me where the HTML code is?

Can you please give me a link to page with sample HTML form that shows you how to use the php code?

Thank you,

Bradley

www.clickademics.com

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi Bradley,   The HTML that

Hi Bradley,

The HTML that you are looking for is actually mixed in with the PHP. PHP is a language that processes information and can also generate HTML code.

Our sample uses a mixture of hard-coded HTML, and HTML generated from PHP. All of this code can be found in the PHP files.

Let us know if this helps.

Dan H

Support Engineer, Constant Contact

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured