cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Where is the Campaign.ID

Visitor

Where is the Campaign.ID

I am using the .Net API Library and I can not seem to locate the ID for the newly created campaign.  Maybe I am incorrectly assuming things but I figure once I use:

ConstantContactBO.Entities.EmailCampaign createdCampaign = ConstantContactUtility.Utility.CreateNewEmailCampaign(authenticationData, campaign);

I should have access to the newly created campaign ID.  I have checked the createdCampaign object but it is always null and I have also checked the object used to create the new campaign and its ID remained null.  The code I have written works since I can view the created campaign when I log into my account.

Is there something I'm missing here?  I need to retrieve the new campaign ID to schedule when to send out the emails.  This all needs to take place in the code-behind.

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Where is the Campaign.ID

Hello,

We are testing this on our end to see if we can recreate it.  The wrapper should return the ID.  If there is an issue with it we will definitely correct it and reupload it.

I will post back here once we have an update.

Thanks!

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact

I have the same problem. 

Differently, I used api to post whole atom xml to server, the server response only one word:"created",  I hope it can response a piece of xml included campaign-id.

Regards.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello,

I definitely apologize for the problem you are having.  We have confirmed that this is an issue and are working to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact