Which API to use for PHP and autoresponder

Highlighted
Solution Provider

Which API to use for PHP and autoresponder

Hello all,

I need to add an email address to a Constant Contact account from a PHP form processor as a secondary action, not the main purpose. It needs to be associated with an autoresponder that sends an automatic follow-up the next day.

Which API should I use? I see the code samples for PHP, but it's not clear to me which API they use. I think I want the Site Visitor API so I can add them to the autoresponder without a welcome email. Is there a sample on doing that in PHP?

Also, I see that I need to know the 'list number' to add them. How do I find that number for a given autoresponder?

Thanks in advance for your help!
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Developer

re: PHP and AutoResponder

Since you want to "can add them to the autoresponder without a welcome email" I think you will be using the SiteVisitor API. You will find sample code referenced at the bottom of this page.

thanks,
Tom M
Group Product Manager – Content Editing
Constant Contact
Highlighted
Solution Provider

follow up

Thanks, that confirms what I thought. I'm still not clear on how to find the "list number" for the particular autoresponder.
Highlighted
Developer

re: Follow-up (SiteVisitor API)

The Site Visitor API does not use a List Number. It simply uses the Contact List Name.
Tom M
Group Product Manager – Content Editing
Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured