Wordpress plugin stopped adding email addresses to Constant Contact lists in May

DianaR77
Rookie
0 Votes

I have several contact forms on my website that I placed on pages by generating a shortcode using the Constant Contact Wordpress plugin and then placing the shortcode on the page. I just created a new landing page yesterday and tested the Constant Contact form, and I discovered that the email address that I used to test the form didn't show up in my contacts list in my Constant Contact account. I did, however, receive an email from Constant Contact telling me that my test email address had signed up for my email list. I looked into this further by comparing the notification emails I've received to the email addresses that I actually have on file in my Constant Contact account, and it looks like the last time the forms on my website that use the shortcode captured an email address was May 11, 2020. The next signup I have from those particular forms was on May 20, 2020, so sometime in between those two dates, it seems like the forms stopped working. Luckily I have the notification emails and I can manually add the email addresses to my contacts list, but I do need to have signup forms on my website and I'd like to fix these ones if possible so I don't have to search through my website to find all the pages that contain those forms.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
DianaR77
Rookie
0 Votes

To add to this, I looked at the code in my wp-config.php file and it looks like WP Cron might be disabled. I'm not familiar enough with the code to understand it, but it's under a debug section in the wp-config.php code, and I remember that I enabled debug logging for the Constant Contact around the time the plugin stopped passing email addresses to my Constant Contact account. I enabled debug logging because there was an error message of some sort in my Wordpress dashboard at the time from the Constant Contact plugin. Is it possible that enabling debug logging disabled WP Cron? Sorry if it's a dumb question  but I wanted to put it out there in case it's relevant.

DianaR77
Rookie
0 Votes

Resolved this with Constant Contact tech support.

Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.