removed contacts not really removed

Regular Participant

removed contacts not really removed

I am trying to test the api but I am having to change the data set I send everytime which is a pain.  Why can I not perm remove the contacts from your system?

3 REPLIES 3
Employee

Hello,

Contacts are considered permanently removed from the account when they are on the Do No Mail list, and temporarily removed when they are on the "Removed" list. Due to compliance reasons, we do not allow email addresses to be deleted from the account, since if someone opts out, we need to be able to keep track of this status.

Removed and Do Not Mail contacts are not counted towards your active total for billing reasons, and should be considered not in the account. If you have any questions regarding this, please let me know.

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Regular Participant

The problem with this is that when you are testing you have to change your dataset everytime or the system will error that the contact already exists.

Employee

Hello,

Yes, I do understand that this can become an issue. When doing testing on our end, we usually use fake email addresses to POST with. I do understand that it would be easier to be able to remove an email address, however, due to the compliance reasons behind it, it is not possible.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page