Between 8:00 - 9:00 am ET on 10/25 we need to take our site down to make updates. We recommend logging out before 8:00am ET and not using your account during this time. Thank you for your patience while we make these important updates.

simple subscribe form with only email address and name

Regular Participant

simple subscribe form with only email address and name

is there some way i can make contact form that only has email address and name fields. in the example (AddAContact.php) there are 3 name fields, for the first, middle, and last name. but i don't see any way to just have a single name field.

do i have to make a custom field? if so, will i be able to see it on the list details page?
is there a place where i can see a list of all default fields?
3 REPLIES 3

The reason why the example script has the three name fields is that is how our database is set up. You do not have to use the fields that way, but that is how we provide them. For example, you could put the entire name in First Name, Last Name or Custom Field 1. The choice on how you use the fields is up to you. As a best practice though, it is better to split the names. This way you can easily personalize the greeting of your emails with Dear FirstName.
Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Regular Participant

we set up the subscription form with 1 name field to be as simple and take up the least space as possible.

i'd prefer to use the custom field rather than having a field mislabled. if i set it up as a custom field, would there be any way to show the names on the list details page? or would i just have to use the first name field for this.

adam

If you're talking about the list details screen in the Constant Contact UI, it will only show the first and last name fields and not custom fields.
Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page