unsubscribe from emails

Regular Participant

unsubscribe from emails

I am confused on how the contacts opt-out from the emails that are sent through the system.  Do they click on unsubscribe and they unsubscribe from a page on our site or something from the email itself does it?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Employee

Contacts can opt out from an unsubscribe link in the footer of any email that is delivered to them. They also have the ability to enter their email address in a 'Join My Mailing List' form, which you can find in your account under 'Contacts > Join My Mailing List'. Finally, this function can also be completed by performing an http delete on that contact resource. You can find more information on this at Opting out a subscriber.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this and I will be happy to help.

David J

Regular Participant

how does this get sycned back to me?

All of the Opt Outs from your email are kept in your Constant Contact account in the Do Not Mail list.  This list is available for you to use outside of Constant Contact in a couple of ways.

First is the traditional "Export" feature, where you can export your Do Not Mail list as a .csv or .txt file.  You can then take this file and import it into any other system that accepts these types of files.

Second is through our API.  We expose your entire Do Not Mail list for use in integrating with other platforms.  This does require development resources on your end, you can find out more information in this here

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Regular Participant

well I understand the API functionality but I am wondering if when a person opts-out how am I supposed to know in my custom application that it happened.  It would require me to run gets on the contacts all the time to know.

Need more help here.

Employee

Hello,

This is correct, at this time you would need to periodically run a GET call on the Lists URI in order to keep your side of the database in sync with our side.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page