v2 or v3 API for very basic integration?

jinelc
Rookie
0 Votes

I recently set up PHP contact form on a website (for a friend/freelance client) that used the CtCt v2 API to handle a newsletter-opt-in checkbox in the form. All was working fine, until this client migrated his site to a new host running PHP 7.1.25 (was previous 5.x, I suppose). There was some issue with the guzzle dependency in the provided CtCt PHP SDK, and I found a post in this form where a developer pretty clearly stated that on PHP 7+, you really should be using the new v3 API.

Now that I've spend some looking at the v3 docs, though, I'm confused about Oauth. Both the client and server flows explained in the docs seem to assume a CC customer manually end user providing authentication as part of the process — but this is a very basic integration where the code living on the CC customer's own web server needs to access that owner's list data and create a contact in response to someone else's submission of a form—the site owner is not present in the transaction to authenticate themselves. Is this a case the v3 API can handle?

Most likely scenario is I'm just looking at this wrong and need some explanation, I realize...

1 REPLY 1
Adelina_R
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @jinelc !

If a contact fills out a third party contact form or one that was set up via v3 API the site owner does not need to be present.

If a contact fills out that form at any time, the information they filled out will be sent over to Constant Contact into the desired list that was selected.

Adelina R
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.