Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to edit HTML in email campaign

Arghh not dig'n it. How can I view a new account in the old editor? The new editor is like the new social social sharing tool... a wicked drag.

245 Comments
AlexandraS13
Rookie
Hello! I was wondering if there is any way to add anchor links within a newsletter in the new mobile template builder. Also, how do I access the HTML directly from the WYSIWYG editor? Thanks!
EdwardS74
Rookie
I really like the new template editor, but it needs a few more basic options. For instance, being able to adjust top and bottom padding on spacers and dividers is great, but this feature needs to be added to image and text blocks, as well.
urgeneral
Rookie
In the original editor, as well as other email services like Constant Contact, include an HTML editor for each of the block elements in the template. This is an important tool for web development professionals.
RachelM9
Rookie
Bring it back. You have dumbed this down so much that it's virtually unusable. Very, very disappointed.
WPSMarketing
Campaign Collaborator
I'm looking for additional formatting features in order to tighten up the email and eliminate extra padding in areas. Is there a edit HTML feature hiding somewhere?
AmyH034
Rookie
Why are so many features removed from the new "mobile friendly" template designs? It's great that you made them mobile friendly, but they sure aren't user friendly. I'm assuming it's so we have to pay for even the slightest modification, but this really is a pain when we want to insert a tracking code for a digital campaign. We are leaving Constant Contact soon, and I couldn't be happier.
When talking with a rep today about another issue, she mentioned that CC is planning to eventually roll out the simpler beta editor as the primary editor. I looked at the simple editor today and noticed that there is no access to html when designing the email. If you transition to the simpler editor, Please, Please, Please leave the html accessibility from the editor. For those of us who know html, we add lots of little tweaks to improve the look of our emails in terms of the email purpose. For example, I create and send volunteer schedules using CC. Because of the html editor, I am able to add text decorations that aren't available in the editor (ex. ), add background colors to specific table rows and cells (not available in the editor), change line-height parameters (not available in the editor), and use font sizes that aren't available in the editor (ex. 13pt, 15pt, etc.) I'm also able to do a number of other things on the fly that just aren't available in the editor features. The following examples show how we notify our volunteers from week to week. Notice how the html tweaks mentioned above allow people reading the email to know what tasks have already been completed, which ones are coming up in the week ahead, and which ones will happen in the future: http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=kh4ahsfab&v=001KY-bJ3gW3XddtkU1RWnwcOgo0Vm53jkgXb... http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=kh4ahsfab&v=001KY-bJ3gW3XddtkU1RWnwcOgo0Vm53jkgXb... Thanks very much for taking this into consideration!! Alison Avery
MicheleK585
Rookie
Hard returns are not accessible, but with the new editor you cannot html edit or edit spacing so are forced to do hard returns.
CTPF
Rookie
The formatting box sits on top of the text I want to edit and isn't movable. I can't see what I'm typing. What happened to style sheets? This is a big loss.
MarcoR752
Rookie

This editor is so basic, i need 3 clumns, or editing so much more. Please return to the original builder.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More