Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to edit HTML in email campaign

Arghh not dig'n it. How can I view a new account in the old editor? The new editor is like the new social social sharing tool... a wicked drag.

245 Comments
PaulR6517
Rookie

Why would you remove html and css editing from your email builder!? You should probably remove ALL support documents that claim you can.

We personally find the editor: version 2(currently using) a lot better to use for creating our emails. It has a lot more details and functionality that allows us to create our emails the way we want them to as close as possible. The main element that we love using is being able to insert editable tables inside a content box. Changing cell background colours font sizes and inserting images are all great features that company this. Also we love inserting images with the options of changing it dimensions, adding a caption, links and a description. We think that the version 2 editor is great but can be a little buggy, there are plenty of work arounds but in general it could do with some minor fine tuning. Thank you for providing an editor as detailed as this we love it.
PaulR6517
Rookie

A couple of different editors!? So, I have to go through all the templates to see which editor is with what? You don't have css or html editing in your editor. Also, you don't have the same block layout and other options with all the templates.

Haven't found a template that allows you to do this.

I would suggest one editor and more layout options along with the ability to edit css and html. Otherwise, this editor is too basic.

For it to be this difficult for your customers to do simple editting (that your competitors offer), I am disappointed.

DavidB6794
Rookie
The newest version of Constant Contact seems to be very limiting! Can we choose to opt out or move back to the last version of Constant Contact while you work out the bugs / iron out the kinks with your new templates? The following are essentials for our campaigns and do not appear to be options as of Oct 24, 2015: 1) HTML - we need to be able to edit/"tweak" the HTML within the template 2) Three column format - does not seem to be an option 3) Pre-Header Text - need to be able to remove it from the body of the email and put it elsewhere. 4) Customized message in the header - above the body of the email - previously we could add a customized opt-out statement. This is essential!
Lack of ability to edit HTML is a problem I'm struggling with. Sometimes I find the text box formatting off slightly because of text I've pulled in from somewhere else. A "remove formatting" option might add to this solution as well.
LauraB952
Rookie
It would be nice to still have access to the html code to make tweeks if neded
Chippi86
Rookie
Not being able to have control of code is a huge barrier in creating a more stylized email. I hope you can add that option soon.
Kanuga
Rookie
Hello, This new, easy-to-use mobile beta is a big step in the right direction. The user interface is clean and easy to navigate, and the desktop/mobile preview ability is just fantastic. However, there seems to be less user control over the look and feel of these templates---making certain features more customizable would absolutely increase our satisfaction with this new email builder. We would love to be able to control the corner rounding on buttons inside of any template. Some templates have square corners and others are far more rounded, but it would be nice to choose the look and feel of your buttons instead of trying to find a template that has the look you want as well as the layout/features that suit your content. Also, it would be great if we could place three or more buttons next to each other. I only see a way that two buttons can fit side by side, same with images and text. Layouts can be overly complex when there are too many columns, we definitely understand, but a mobile template should easily be able to accommodate three buttons side by side. On mobile, they would obviously stack, but a desktop layout shouldn't have a problem with three buttons in a row. For instance, we would love "Visit our website," "Shop our store," and "Support us" buttons sitting together on one line. Lastly, if there was a way to include your own social media icons, that would make these mobile templates a lot more appealing. We have our own custom icons that are in our branded colors as we use them on all of our marketing materials. The row of multicolored social media icons that currently occupy the footer of these templates are a bit distracting. Thanks for listening, Sara
ReedF
Brand Influencer
The beta mobile design templates are simply not ready and CC has been preaching their benefits for months. They started pushing people towards their mobile design templates, which frankly I'm really excited for, but their mobile design builder has no flexibility. For instance, you cannot change the line-height of the text, you cannot float images, you cannot edit padding or margins of columns or images, you cannot edit html in a way that incorporates the CMS, and much more. I've desperately tried numerous templates to get the look I want and it's just not possible. CC's mobile design templates are there to increase user experience and they haven't made it there yet. There is simply not much to it that helps us create great experiences for our subscribers other than the fact that the fonts and images change with the screen size. It's frustrating seeing how many of our subscribers are using mobile when we can't make mobile templates that look good. We may be looking into other providers who do this soon if CC doesn't work towards fixing its issues. - A Web Designer and Constant Contact User of 5 years
KatieH90
Rookie
I would love to have more customizing options.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More