Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to edit HTML in email campaign

Arghh not dig'n it. How can I view a new account in the old editor? The new editor is like the new social social sharing tool... a wicked drag.

245 Comments
DawnD652
Rookie

I agree. Usually I would say 'hate' is too strong of a word, but this new interface is horrible. Not only did they get rid of access to HTML, you can't resize a photo easily in the interface. 

TERRIBLE USER TESTING CC. How did go from the best platform out there to this mess? 

Frankie_P

Hi @DawnD652 we apologize for any inconvenience caused from our updated newsletter templates not allowing HTML access and have merged your comment into the thread for this feature request.

RONK6
Rookie

Customers have only been asking for this feature for 6.5 years. has it. Just saying.

FrancescaS56
Campaign Contributor
I used to be able to access the HTML code level and edit a section of an email I was working on. Now, if I want to access the HTML code the only option is to do the entire email from scratch. PLEASE put the other option back! It makes a big difference, being able to tweak something in an email template I've created without having to start from scratch.
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @FrancescaS56. For what reasons would you need to access HTML in order to make adjustments? 

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Reply from @FrancescaS56 

Hi Caitlin,

We are a real estate company and I send out email blasts for the properties we are selling or leasing. Each property has different agents representing.

I used to be able to go in and copy a section of HTML code and paste it into another section. This helps a lot, for instance, when I want to switch the real estate agents info on that email blast.. Right now, without that capability, I have start from scratch every time.

PLEASE put that capability back into Constant Contact!

Thank you for that information. Would this information be copied between different campaigns? If we were to add the ability to save blocks for reuse between campaigns, would this fit your needs?

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

offers an html copy block so you can use their drag and drop campaign for most of the email and only insert the "code block" when you need to write code. This might help for a lot of the uses people want the code for. I am wondering if the Constant Contact developers have looked into this.

RobS16
Campaign Contributor

I also need html tweaking.   None of our mail blasts will render properly in older email clients.  When i called CC support, I was advised that - as a workaround until CC would fix things - I could "remove the 's' in https" for every individual image.  That workaround is now impossible, because I can't reach the html anymore

JohnB13104
Rookie
I've been using Constant Contact since 2005 and I sure miss being able to make little tweaks in emails using the "HTML" editing button. Please bring that back! Thanks! (p.s. Your phone support staff are fantastic - super nice and knowledgeable!)
Vanwilgen
Marketing Legend
For what reasons would you need to access HTML in order to make adjustments? 

To compensate for the editor's shortcomings? For example, maybe I want my font size to be 17. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More