Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to edit HTML in email campaign

Arghh not dig'n it. How can I view a new account in the old editor? The new editor is like the new social social sharing tool... a wicked drag.

245 Comments
MCHT-Collier
Marketing Legend

Candace, I can respond with one answer to that question.

I want to be able to add a call to Google fonts in the header and apply them to paragraphs and headers. The fact Constant Contact is limited to a 1995 font set is a significant factor in choosing other services.

GlennR1
Rookie

Hi Candace. Really the biggest issue is getting the Illegal character thing. I spent almost four hours recently to get an email to be accepted. When I called tech support they informed me about deprecating html. I then tried to create banother email using imported html (which I have been doing for 6 year) and again got the illegal character thing. Onto a new service. 

Candace_M
Employee

@MCHT-Collier,

Thank for chiming in with your opinion on this! We did recently add some additional Google font options into our editor recently.

I'm interested in hearing if this addition doesn't help in your case.

Is there a font we do not currently offer that you use frequently?

Candace_M
Employee

Thank @GlennR1 you very much for letting me know more about your situation. That is very helpful information for us.

BrianD069
Campaign Contributor

I think I am almost ready to leave Constant Contact because of the inability to edit HTML. The types of issues that come up for me most is taking away extra characters, formatting, spacing, etc. Getting a clear look at WHY something's formatting looks funky, rather than trying endless attempts in the WYSIWYG editor and it not working. The ability to just find what random code got copied and pasted from somewhere, and delete it. As it is, I am still using your old, clunky templates because of this feature, which means I can't use A/B testing. It's all very inconvenient.

Please tell me. Is an HTML editor in the works, if I just hang on long enough? Why are you so hesitant to roll out this feature?

MCHT-Collier
Marketing Legend

BrianD069 hit the nail on the head.

(A perfect example in this very post. I copied BrianD069's name from the previous post. Along with came a link. When I tried to post, I got a warning that no HTML could be used. Multiply that by every single time someone posts text from Word into a CC campaign.)

ShravanR0
Rookie
I would like to be able to see the source code to be able to work with changing field names for integration with other companies eg: eztexting

Is there any way to edit the HTML inside an email?

It looks like there used to be "Advanced Editor" which I don't see anywhere.

I wanted to link the phone number to tel:5552121212 so it would dial when clicked on when viewing on a phone, but the linking options are limited. I also want to tighten up the line-height for certain elements. 

Am I crazy? How come I don't see any HTML editing option? 

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

you're not missing anything. They took it away. If your account still gives you access to the 2nd generation editor you can use that, but there are a lot of features in the 3rd gen you won't have access to. Just depends what's most important to you.

My experience is that the phone operating systems will link the phone number anyway (whether you want them to or not), so you may not need to worry about that aspect of it. (Also dates, and words like "today.")

This has been under discussion by many of us Constant Contact customers pretty much since Day 1 of the new editor. It seems pretty clear they are not going to restore the html access feature. And you really need it, especially since CC has not fixed the various glitches like randomly changing background color of text blocks in an email. With html access, you could go in there and fix it, rather than trying to trick the interface into doing what it's supposed to do.

LaToyaS4
Campaign Contributor

PLEEEEEEASE enable HTML editing for desktop and mobile versions of emails. I'm begging you.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More