Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to edit embedded links after email has been sent

Hello.  I recently sent an email with the wrong embedded link in my newsletter.  I was told I could not make a change to the distributed newsletter/email; however I could send a new email to my subscribers with the new link. 

This solution does not work as the content was exactly the same, just the wrong url was hyperlinked to a word.  My hope was CC would allow me to edit the sent email to update the link without having to resend a newsletter. 

This functionality would be similar to updating a link on a web page but being allowed to keep the same title and same page. Since my email had 'Having trouble viewing this email? Click here' feature, people who receive the email would click the 'click here' and get the newly corrected link.

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

We are updating the status of this idea to Gathering Information. While we recognize there are instances where a link would need to be updated after sending, there is a risk of this feature being abused by changing a link directing recipients to inappropriate pages or spam content. Once the email is sent, there isn't a way to make any edits to it, whether it's a link, content, or photos. Emails act like letters sent from a mailbox. Once it's gone, no changes can be made.

We don't have plans at this time to include this functionality but wanted to keep the post open to hopefully gather suggestions from the Community on how else links could be reviewed before being sent. Would there be some kind of built-in tool while creating the email? Or a screen that appears before sending to remind you to check your links? We're certainly open to ideas!

Any needed updates to an email would need to be done by copying the email, making the changes, and resending the email to your lists. We recommend changing the subject line to include "Edited" or "Correction" so recipients are aware that they are not receiving a duplicate email.

39 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @VirtualS4 thank you for clarifying this request! We have added your post into a larger thread on this type of feature request.

Desperately needed feature. Hours of work done and one error ruins it all. Given, one human error... but a fix option would be greatly appreciated.

RussellB67
Campaign Collaborator

I would love this functionality as well. Since each link that is clicked in a constant contact email is a constant contact link that redirects to the original link inserted(for tracking purposes), I would assume this is a possibility to implement.

ICPC
Rookie

I wish this can be done  too 🙏

EllingtonFund
Rookie

I need to edit a link in an email sent out yesterday. Looks like the capability doesn't exist. Seems like over services have that capability. Constant Contact users need that capability too. Thank you.

I agree with adding this function as other competitor sites are offering this and it would be the only reason why we switch platforms.

JoleenS5
Rookie

Please, please add this feature!

DulibelU2
Rookie

Please add this feature!

LindaWitteH
Campaign Contributor

Yes -- this feature is ESSENTIAL!  I corrected a typo and uploaded the corrected PDF to DropBox.  That changed the link in my Constant Contact campaign, which means my recipients are receiving a message indicating that the file has been deleted -- those who received the message via email, via social media, from my website, etc.  Re-sending the campaign compromises my professionalism. 

NAMIM
Rookie

This feature is SORELY needed!  Would really love to have this capability going forward.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More