Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to insert an indent for paragraphs

I'm incapable of indenting the first line of a paragraph. This simple aspect of writing should be a no-brainer possibility for account users. Especially when so much of marketing is not only content, but how the content is presented. Capability to indent and format paragraphs properly is a necessity. I'm shocked this hasn't been addressed/fixed, it's such a simple formatting requirement.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello,

Updating the status of this request to Under Consideration to support our new community idea statuses to add better insight to your feedback.

To summarize what’s happened with this feedback so far. We’ve made an update to our Cross Platform Editor to allow for multiple spaces to be entered. Previously, multiple spaces were stripped out. This is a great option if you are in need of a leading indent. We still have an open request internally to insert a tab and indenting multiple lines of text. At this time there aren’t any other updates on any movement on that request, but we’ll keep you posted in this thread.

79 Comments
DariaO2
Campaign Contributor

I agree 100% and EVERY time I speak to a support person at CC I mention this. They always promise to make a note of this :smileyface:
The workaround from JulieL34 on Jan 10, 2022 works - as she says, it's a pain but it works. 
The other thing that sometimes works is pasting indented text from another app, like Word and if you keep your fingers crossed you might have it indented when you copy into CC. Not all the time, but sometimes. 
If anyone is planning to switch vendors, I would be interested in know which ones you might be considering.

CC has lots of features that I use and find useful but agree 100% that this INDENT issue needs to be addressed NOW!

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

I'm really baffled why this is taking so long. If it's really hard to do, at least they could provide an indented copy block. Not ideal but would be simpler (for the user) than the work-around I've been doing with the 2-column block. The other similar ESPs (Not naming because they will just be removed by CC) mostly offer a block element like this. The best thing would be if you could select a block of text (a paragraph, 2 paragraphs) and apply a blockquote to it (or the Constant Contact equivalent of that, maybe a div?). Part of the problem seems to me to be that Constant Contact doesn't really consider the use of their tool to be for newsletters, but more for short marketing emails. Does anyone know if there IS a tool that's more for newsletters, without getting into the rabbit hole?

KarenE782
Rookie

ADD THE INDENT FUNCTION!!!  We need to be able to indent newsletters!

UCFYP-Holtons
Campaign Contributor

I also need the capability of indenting a paragraph within a posting. For example, I have a description, followed by a specific example that I want to set off on each side by a small indent. Thanks!

SusanG47
Rookie

According to the message that have been left here, this issue has been a problem for more than three (3) years!  What does it take to get something done about having the indentation feature available via the TAB Key?  With no response here, it seems implausible that the managers of this area have ever considered adding this feature!

SusanG47
Rookie

Is anyone working on adding the indent feature?  It has been at least 3 years!

Frankie_P

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we continue looking into this feature request. While at this time we do not have a time estimate of when indentation through the tab function will be available, we did want to share an updated workaround. Users in our cross device email templates do now have the ability to indent using the space bar. We hope this workaround helps! We will also reach back out to this thread directly when there are any further updates we can share.

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

I voted for this because there are two feature requests mixed up in this thread. The one I am most interested in is a blockquote. I understood that had been opened up for voting but this is the thread I was directed to. Just want to be sure my vote goes for that. I'm fine with supporting single line paragraph indents too, but I definitely need the blockquote restored as soon as possible.

Frankie_P

Hi @rcppubs23

Thanks for this clarification. Because these are two different requests, we suggest all users who are also interested in blockquote actions blocks share their need for that feature on its feature request thread directly.

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello,

Updating the status of this request to Under Consideration to support our new community idea statuses to add better insight to your feedback.

To summarize what’s happened with this feedback so far. We’ve made an update to our Cross Platform Editor to allow for multiple spaces to be entered. Previously, multiple spaces were stripped out. This is a great option if you are in need of a leading indent. We still have an open request internally to insert a tab and indenting multiple lines of text. At this time there aren’t any other updates on any movement on that request, but we’ll keep you posted in this thread.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More