Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to see and edit Notes with Contact Redesign

Hello!  With the recent updates to the contacts, simple functionality is no longer available.  

1) The notes are no longer available.  I understand that I can run the report and then create a custom field and re-upload, but that seems unnecessary. The notes field was very helpful with the date/time stamp.

2) Adding contacts to the lists now requires multiple clicks.  Previously, you could type the first few letters and the list would auto-populate that would allow you to select.  Now, you have to scroll through the list.

38 Comments
BethK2022
Rookie

Yes, please bring back "notes" as a column in the list view!

KarolineW
Rookie

I see several requests for returning notes to the contacts form - it is important for me to be able to make notes as to why i have subscribed or unsubscribed someone. Please put it back!!!

ErickI0
Rookie

I would like to add that notes were a very useful function and I would like the old contact view option brought back. We would use it to add things like the date(s) of purchase, shipping details, bonus items, etc. Please bring it back!

Taryn112394
Marketing Legend

It looks like "Notes" functionality has returned to CC.  Even the old notes are back.  Woo-hoo!  A sincere "thank you" to whomever at CC made the decision to bring back this essential functionality.  For those of you who participated in this CC forum thread, please check it out for yourselves and let the rest of us know if it works to your satisfaction.

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

Very glad this is restored. I have yet to work with how it functions, but like other people who have complained about all the extra clicks, I am not really delighted that this has added yet another click to working through a contact record. I imagine it was done to keep it as an add on and not need to do a lot of additional programming, but I really do feel all the extra clicking and scrolling that is needed in the new interface has made the interface more cumbersome. I suppose that since this type of thing has happened wtih every new iteration, it could only be expected it would happen again.

We also have a case where zip codes have been imported into a custom field that was designed for something else. I don't know whether those zip codes, when imported, override what was in that field, or if the records where we have zip codes just don't have anything in that field.

I also want to draw attention to the second issue raised by the person who started this thread, the fact that when managing lists, you have to scroll down and down if you have multiple lists. It used to be easy to navigate by typing in a few letters of the list name. This is a big deal when adding contacts. Since this IS still possible in the screen where you set up the email to go out, it's obviously something that's possible.

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Implemented

As previously mentioned, the notes section has been added back. Additionally, there is now the ability to edit or delete a note which was not a feature of the old notes system.

There were also a few mentions of lists/tags having to be selected via scrolling instead of typing in the list name. That's good feedback I could see that being difficult if you're working with a lot of lists. We're going to mark this idea as implemented in regards to the notes feature, but we also have another open thread on the list selection feedback. Just wanted to acknowledge we aren't ignoring that part of the feedback!

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We haven't heard back from you so we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! If you would like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reply here in the Community or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We haven't heard back from you so we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! If you would like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reply here in the Community or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More